Just when you thought she couldn’t get more arch, Griffith recasts her ”greatest hits” against the muted bombast of a world-famous ensemble. But the real trouble is Griffith’s still-evolving delivery. While her vocals seem more full-bodied and strident than before, her enunciation (”yare” for ”year”) is becoming as mannered as Eartha Kitt’s. What ever happened to plain ol’ folkabilly? C+
The Dust Bowl Symphony Just when you thought she couldn't get more arch, Griffith recasts her ''greatest hits'' against the muted bombast of a world-famous ensemble. But the...The Dust Bowl SymphonyCountry Just when you thought she couldn't get more arch, Griffith recasts her ''greatest hits'' against the muted bombast of a world-famous ensemble. But the...1999-09-17
Posted September 17 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Cameron Dallas takes fans inside MAGCON in 'Chasing Cameron' trailer
- How Mike Birbiglia got President Obama to say 'poo'
- Pauley Perrette opens up about her recovery 1 year after attack
- 'Vampire Diaries': EP reveals one character was originally a succubus
- Abrams Books ceases publication of 'Bad Little Children's Books'
- The cast of 'Hairspray Live!' reveals bizarre pre-show rituals
- Lady Gaga reveals PTSD struggle during visit to LGBT homeless shelter
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday