This compilation of essays from raucous girl ‘zine BUST — created by Karp and Stoller in 1993 for ”women who couldn’t relate to the body sculpting tips of Cosmo or the eyebrow tweezing directions of Glamour…[and] wore ripped sweaters instead of the angora ensembles…in Vogue” — should find a place on every Intro to Feminism syllabus. Blunt, informative, and teeming with attitude, the pieces range from Courtney Love ranting on the perks of being naughty (”Bad Like Me”) to an interview with porn star Nina Hartley (”She’s Gotta Have It”). But above all, pick up The Bust Guide to the New Girl Order for ”Ladies’ Night: A Parody,” Wendy Shanker’s gut-busting spoof of Gwynnie, Minnie, Winona, Uma, and Claire.
The Bust Guide to the New Girl Order This compilation of essays from raucous girl 'zine BUST — created by Karp and Stoller in 1993 for ''women who couldn't relate to the...The Bust Guide to the New Girl OrderWomen's Studies, Essays This compilation of essays from raucous girl 'zine BUST — created by Karp and Stoller in 1993 for ''women who couldn't relate to the...1999-10-01
Genre: Women's Studies, Essays
Posted October 1 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Peanuts' meets 'Stranger Things' in clever mash-up video
- 'Girl Meets World': Eric Matthews is running for president
- 'Fantastic Beasts': Peek inside NYC’s magical speakeasy, the Blind Pig
- Kanye West shares Kim Kardashian's adorable birthday video during show
- Hillary Clinton to join Jennifer Lopez at her Miami concert
- Jack Osbourne on his 'awkward, terrible years' on family's show
- Bianca Del Rio nabs comedy special, 'Not Today Bianca'