That Megadeth have survived the decline of ’80s metal is no small feat. That they occasionally sound relevant is more surprising. The headbangers prove their mettle when they modernize their bone-crushing rock: The electronically enhanced ”Insomnia” is reminiscent of Broken-era Nine Inch Nails and several tracks on Risk even pack hummable choruses. But when Dave Mustaine yowls like a possessed Cookie Monster, it’s tough to keep a straight face.
Risk That Megadeth have survived the decline of '80s metal is no small feat. That they occasionally sound relevant is more surprising. The headbangers...RiskMetal That Megadeth have survived the decline of '80s metal is no small feat. That they occasionally sound relevant is more surprising. The headbangers...1999-10-01
Posted October 1 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Foals premiere interactive video for 'Mountain at My Gates'
- MTV's 'Scream' renewed for season 2
- Jane Lynch's mom once chased after Meryl Streep
- Jason Schwartzman & Josh Charles talk 'Wet Hot' prequel
- Justin Bieber teases new single, 'What Do You Mean,' due out next month
- YouTube stars unite for first all-female 'Girls' Night In' tour
- LeBron James hints at role in 'Space Jam 2'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!