That Megadeth have survived the decline of ’80s metal is no small feat. That they occasionally sound relevant is more surprising. The headbangers prove their mettle when they modernize their bone-crushing rock: The electronically enhanced ”Insomnia” is reminiscent of Broken-era Nine Inch Nails and several tracks on Risk even pack hummable choruses. But when Dave Mustaine yowls like a possessed Cookie Monster, it’s tough to keep a straight face.
Risk That Megadeth have survived the decline of '80s metal is no small feat. That they occasionally sound relevant is more surprising. The headbangers...RiskMetal That Megadeth have survived the decline of '80s metal is no small feat. That they occasionally sound relevant is more surprising. The headbangers...1999-10-01
Posted October 1 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can’t Buy Me Love actress Amanda Peterson remembered by her mother
- Robert De Niro's 'The Comedian' finds a new director
- Who should play the young Han Solo in the 'Star Wars' spinoff? Vote now!
- Elodie Yung cast as Elektra in 'Daredevil' season 2
- Two more networks pull Bill Cosby reruns
- Subway drops Jared Fogle amid FBI investigation
- Grateful Dead's farewell shows earned estimated $55 million
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!