Dub’s tricky rhythms are difficult to master, so it’s no surprise that this reggae experiment — led by Sublime’s surviving members — sounds inauthentic. That’s not a problem when they work in Sublime-y hooks, but too often they rely on gimmicks like a borrowed Fugazi bass line and cameos from real Jamaicans, which emphasize how clumsy the Allstars’ reggae actually is. C+
Right Back Dub's tricky rhythms are difficult to master, so it's no surprise that this reggae experiment — led by Sublime's surviving members — sounds...Right BackReggae/Ska Dub's tricky rhythms are difficult to master, so it's no surprise that this reggae experiment — led by Sublime's surviving members — sounds...1999-10-22
Posted October 22 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- T.J. Miller on 'Raiders' and a bag of Cheetos from Steven Spielberg
- 'Saved by the Bell' EP reveals Zack and Kelly would be divorced now
- Watch Chris Pratt's hilarious card trick fail on 'Graham Norton'
- Morgan spills on her time in the 'Big Brother: OTT' house
- 'Gilmore Girls': Scott Patterson says April's season 6 arrival 'humanized' Luke
- Amy Schumer in talks to star in live-action 'Barbie' movie
- 'Modern Family': Charles Barkley and DeAndre Jordan to guest-star
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big