David Fincher’s brutal shock show floats the idiotic premise that a modern-day onslaught of girly pop-cultural destinations (including IKEA and support groups) has resulted in a generation of spongy young men unable to express themselves as fully erect males. And that the remedy lies in beating the crap out of each other. Brad Pitt stars as a brute who introduces a nameless company man (Edward Norton) to the catharsis of slugging and stomping. If, as Fincher has said, this is supposed to be funny, then the joke’s on us. D
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Edward Norton, Brad Pitt, Helena Bonham Carter, Jared Leto, Meat Loaf; Director: David Fincher; Author: Jim Uhls; Release Date Wide: 10/15/1999; Runtime (in minutes): 139; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox 2000 Pictures
Posted October 29 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Atlas Genius booked their fantasy festival and made us a playlist for it
- Four reasons 'Straight Outta Compton' made N.W.A the Boyz of summer
- Grace Helbig and Tyler Oakley tapped to host 2015 Streamy Awards
- Miley Cyrus: Donald Trump 'loved' twerking performance at 2013 VMAs
- 6 new tracks we loved this week
- 'The Blacklist': Check out Liz's new look in exclusive first trailer
- 'Limitless' stages 'Dexter' reunion
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!