If Mario is Nintendo’s Mickey Mouse, then Donkey Kong is surely its Donald Duck. That’s why it’s surprising that it has taken this long for the gorilla to get top billing in a new adventure. The results were worth waiting for. DK64 takes place on eight massive worlds, including one featuring an instantly classic mine-cart sequence. Simian strategy is required here, as all five characters (Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and newcomers Tiny, Chunky, and Lanky Kong) need to be used in order to defeat the reptilian Kremlings. The game’s enormous replay value — pencil in at least 80 hours to see the whole Magilla — makes it top banana among this holiday’s offerings. A
Posted November 12 1999 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big