The disc to the Andy Kaufman biopic, Man on the Moon, features choice dialogue and kitschy ephemera, but the real draw is R.E.M., who offer an evocative instrumental score and two memorable songs: ”The Great Beyond” and ”This Friendly World.” The former, a new original, ranks with the band’s most poignant ballads. The latter pays appropriate tribute to Kaufman’s genius, with Michael Stipe trading vocals with an in-character Jim Carrey.
LUNAR TUNES Mighty mouth Stipe brings atmosphere to ''Moon''
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: R.E.M.; Producer (group): Warner Bros.
Posted November 22 1999 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?