KID ‘N PLAYMATES Buyers of Playboy’s new Club Lingerie home video will get a bonus: a spiced-up version of Kid Rock’s ”Cowboy” clip featuring Bunnies in the buff. ”We took video footage and shot new, unique video with Playmates in Western costumes and stuff around cabins, Rocky Mountain stuff,” says Playboy Entertainment spokesman Scott Barton. Sorry, kids, you won’t catch Rock riding bareback…. BAY WATCH Director wannabe Courtney Love has optioned Bye, Bye, Baby, a memoir by Caroline Sullivan about her obsession with the Bay City Rollers. Love should have lots to work with, given the band’s tempestuous past: Singer Les McKeown was charged with reckless driving after hitting and killing an old woman; guitarist Eric Faulker and bassist Alan Longmuir attempted suicide; manager Tam Paton committed ”indecent acts” with teens; and replacement bassist Ian Mitchell was in a porn movie. Kind of makes Love look tame…. ”BLACK” BALLED In a seeming quest to maintain their current irrelevance, headbangers AC/DC have refused to let the Beastie Boys use a sample from their classic anthem ”Back in Black.” The Beasties had hoped to include ”Rock Hard,” their ‘84 track featuring the snippet, on their new anthology, The Sounds of Science, but AC/DC—who ”don’t get sampling,” according to a Beastie spokesperson—wouldn’t give them the license to ill.
Posted November 26 1999 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Julie Chen on 'Big Brother' showmances: 'Go for it!'
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play rock and roll innovator Sam Phillips
- 'Teen Wolf' cast added to EW PopFest lineup