The adult AIBO we took to the park last month was so dang cute that we couldn’t resist buying a robopup for around the office. The move wasn’t entirely selfish, though: Regular updates on the yet-to-be-named pooch’s progress will be posted here for your vicarious pleasure (just so long as no one tips off the digital ASPCA). So far, the shiny black plastic coating is a marvel, but that’s about the only exciting thing about our new AIBO’s personality, since it’ll take weeks for AIBO to grow out of puppy mode and learn to walk. Still, lack of motion hasn’t dampened our enthusiasm, particularly now that AIBO’s becoming a famous breed: We noticed one e-dog posing alongside Britney Spears, another modeling for In Style magazine, not to mention ZDNet hiring AIBO for its advertising campaign. Let’s just hope all this fame doesn’t go to AIBO’s memory chip.
Posted January 21 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Mummy' director on the big surprises in that new trailer
- Bob Dylan provides speech for Nobel Prize banquet he won't attend
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' becomes third-biggest debut of 2016
- Stone Temple Pilots remember Scott Weiland one year after his death
- What to Watch: Chance the Rapper and James Taylor help light a tree
- Celebs react to Dakota Access Pipeline victory
- WATCH: Helen Mirren's ruff day turns adorable as she's surprised by puppies
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big