If God was one of us, He/she would no doubt be scratching his/her head in bewilderment at the continuing absence of a new Joan Osborne album. It’s been five years since the corkscrew-haired singer wowed the world with her debut CD, Relish. Manager David Sonenberg — who denies rumors that Mercury has nixed previous versions of the album — admits the singer has done quite a bit of recording (with among others, roots band Cracker’s frontman, David Lowery): ”She’s in the studio with [producer] Mitchell Froom [Bonnie Raitt, Los Lobos] and they’re hoping to be finished with the record by the end of February” for an intended summer release. ”She wants to take her time,” says Sonenberg, ”and make sure she comes back with a great record.” Here’s to resurrections.
Posted January 21 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big