If you thought that lesbian kiss on Roseanne was a big deal, get a load of John Goodman’s untitled Fox sitcom for next season: He’ll star as a suds-swilling, sports-loving gay divorced dad. Yep, we said gay. In this Odd Couple twist, another divorced dad (yet to be cast) who’s both a tidy fussbudget and straight will room with Goodman’s character. Fox has ordered 13 episodes from creator-producers Bonnie and Terry Turner (3rd Rock From the Sun). ”Sexual orientation is not going to be the focus of the show,” says Goodman’s publicist, Stan Rosenfield. Still, Will and Grace, watch your backs.
Posted March 3 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- Taylor Swift sings Calvin Harris' 'This Is What You Came For'
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on why Saviors follow Negan
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton