If Woody Harrelson, Sandra Bullock, and David Boreanaz seem extra happy this St. Paddy’s Day, credit Guinness. To drum up publicity, the makers of Ireland’s famously foamy brew are installing personal pubs (complete with kegs, pint glasses, and a house call from a draft specialist — ‘cause it’s all about the pour) in the homes of celebs like Brad Pitt and David and Courteney Cox Arquette. ”For years, actors have been enjoying our product and name-dropping it in interviews, so we came up with a way to thank them,” says Guinness director of communications Howard Pulchin. Lauren Holly, on tap at her L.A. home since Christmas, jokes that she finds herself ”wondering if I should change my name to O’Holly.” Unfortunately for the average stout lover, no pile o’ cash can bring last call into your living room. Says Pulchin, ”They’ll have to buy a four-pack at the supermarket.”
Posted March 10 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?