Diana Ross’ guitar-strumming stepdaughter Leona Naess (via ex-husband Arne Naess) is clearly not untalented, but she isn’t clearly talented, either. There’s an intelligence on Comatized, but it’s almost buried beneath an avalanche of half-digested influences (Debbie Harry, Rickie Lee Jones, English post-punk). The production, by Scott Litt (R.E.M.) and Tommy D, is almost too kaleidoscopic and clever, as if to conceal an absence at the center. C+
ComatizedDiana Ross' guitar-strumming stepdaughter Leona Naess (via ex-husband Arne Naess) is clearly not untalented, but she isn't clearly talented, either. There...ComatizedFolk, RockDiana Ross' guitar-strumming stepdaughter Leona Naess (via ex-husband Arne Naess) is clearly not untalented, but she isn't clearly talented, either. There...2000-03-17
Genre: Folk, Rock; Lead Performer: Leona Naess; Producer (group): MCA, Outpost
Posted March 17 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Daily Show' adds three new correspondents for Trevor Noah
- E! to air Joan Rivers tribute on one-year anniversary of her death
- See Nicole Scherzinger lose her mind over some 'freak of nature' magic
- 'You're the Worst' snags Echo Kellum in season 2
- President Obama documents his 'Running Wild' trip with Bear Grylls in selfies
- 'Are You The One?' season 3 trailer: See the new twist in action
- Theo Rossi joins 'Luke Cage' cast, Rosario Dawson will return as Claire Temple
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!