Our most burning question yet! Who the heck would pay $1,025 for two slices of singed French Toast? That’d be ‘N Sync fan Kathy Summers, 19. The bread in question was left behind on March 9 by Justin Timberlake when he finished a breakfast interview at the studio of New York-area radio station Z-100. Its DJ put the toast on eBay, where Summers won a heated bidding war. ”I’ll probably freeze-dry it, then seal it…then put it on my dresser,” says the Madison, Wis.-based student. Meanwhile, the chef wants to know why Timberlake neglected the morning confection: ”He didn’t like them?” Timberlake is mum, but Summers says the slices ”look a little bit on the burnt side.”
Posted March 24 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- Academy head on 'Birth of a Nation': People need to judge the movie
- Sam Mendes, Nick Hornby in talks for live-action 'James and the Giant Peach'
- Vincent D'Onofrio, Dean Norris join Eli Roth's 'Death Wish' remake
- Tim Kaine attacks Donald Trump for calling Hillary Clinton a 'bigot'
- Helen Mirren in talks for Disney's 'Nutcracker and the Four Realms'
- Eva Longoria to direct 'Jane the Virgin' episode
- Rio police charge Ryan Lochte with making false robbery report