Our most burning question yet! Who the heck would pay $1,025 for two slices of singed French Toast? That’d be ‘N Sync fan Kathy Summers, 19. The bread in question was left behind on March 9 by Justin Timberlake when he finished a breakfast interview at the studio of New York-area radio station Z-100. Its DJ put the toast on eBay, where Summers won a heated bidding war. ”I’ll probably freeze-dry it, then seal it…then put it on my dresser,” says the Madison, Wis.-based student. Meanwhile, the chef wants to know why Timberlake neglected the morning confection: ”He didn’t like them?” Timberlake is mum, but Summers says the slices ”look a little bit on the burnt side.”
Posted March 24 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'