Our most burning question yet! Who the heck would pay $1,025 for two slices of singed French Toast? That’d be ‘N Sync fan Kathy Summers, 19. The bread in question was left behind on March 9 by Justin Timberlake when he finished a breakfast interview at the studio of New York-area radio station Z-100. Its DJ put the toast on eBay, where Summers won a heated bidding war. ”I’ll probably freeze-dry it, then seal it…then put it on my dresser,” says the Madison, Wis.-based student. Meanwhile, the chef wants to know why Timberlake neglected the morning confection: ”He didn’t like them?” Timberlake is mum, but Summers says the slices ”look a little bit on the burnt side.”
Posted March 24 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- Comic-Con: Henry Cavill goes undercover to prank Will Smith
- 'Simpsons' producer on how show will mock Trump
- 'Mystery Science Theater 3000' revival lands at Netflix
- 'Dirk Gently' trailer: Elijah Wood joins 'Holistic Detective Agency'
- Melissa McCarthy, 50 Cent, more audition for Han Solo role on 'Conan'
- Donald Trump defends Roger Ailes' against accusers
- Joe Perry performs for first time since hospitalization