Originally titled Whiteboys, this sleeper now sports a title that better fits its subject and tone. As directed by Marc Levin (Slam), it’s a seriously funny portrait of bored Iowa farm boys rebelling against their dead-end lives by stylin’ like gangsta rappers. When self-deluded ”Flip Dogg” (Hoch) sets out to score cocaine in Chicago, you fully expect a harsh reality check. What’s startling is this movie’s eruptive climax — and visceral wallop. B+
Genre: Comedy, Musical; Starring: Danny Hoch, Dash Mihok, Piper Perabo, Mark Webber; Director: Marc Levin; Author: Danny Hoch; Release Date Limited: 09/10/1999; Release Date Wide: 10/08/1999; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R
Posted March 24 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- Justin Bieber confirms he's single: 'I'm not really looking either'
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big