Why must I be a thug in love? That’s the question Trick Daddy contemplates on the best of his new CD, Book of Thugs: Chapter A.K., Verse 47. But too often he trades introspection for spirited but uninspired tales about taking lives, transacting sex, and the folks who’d better have his money. The kinetic beats make it a rousing listen, but, lyrically, you’ve heard it before. C+
Posted April 7 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Justin Bieber walks off stage after asking fans to stop screaming
- Kings of Leon nab first No. 1 album with 'Walls'
- John Oliver offers Trump Emmy in return for accepting election results
- What to Watch Monday: Lynda Carter meets 'Supergirl'
- 'The Walking Dead' producers explain that crazy cliffhanger resolution
- 'The Walking Dead': Michael Cudlitz reflects on Abraham's big moment
- 'The Walking Dead': Steven Yeun weighs in on Glenn's fate