The famous Hollywood robots are all male – The Terminator, Data, C-3P0 – but the big and small screens have been graced with more than enough female androids to fill this Gallery. The earliest bot babe is probably Maria from Fritz Lang’s 1927 ”Metropolis,” but she’s hardly a match for ”My Living Doll,” a 1964 show starring Julie ”Catwoman” Newmar, or ”Austin Powers”’ fatal Fembots. Aside from some obvious gaps (where’s the Borg Queen from ”Star Trek: First Contact”?), Gynoid could use a more logical layout. If only The Bionic Woman designed websites.
Posted April 7 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Justin Bieber confirms he's single: 'I'm not really looking either'
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big