Forget film school: ”educational initiative” site ThinkQuest takes you through every frame of the moviemaking process, from greenlighting to distribution. Aimed at aspiring Spielbergs, the cybercourse gives you cinema history, a glossary to help you tell the difference between a gaffer and a grip, and short essays about every facet of film. Coolest of all is the simulation that puts you in the producer’s chair, letting you work with a screenwriter, cast actors, choose shot language, add sound effects, and even make advertising decisions. Yes, you Cannes!
Posted April 7 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- 6 show-stopping highlights from 'VH1 Divas: Unsilent Night'
- Twitter's #MakeABandLazy helps musicians settle in for a nap
- Elton John confirms there is 'no truth' to retirement rumors
- Powerful new ad spotlights gun violence warning signs people miss
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big