It’s nearly impossible for Three Kings to jar us the way, say, ”Saving Private Ryan” did. Still, even if the movie doesn’t reveal any profound truths, it’s surprisingly fresh at its center. Witness the fine interplay between Clooney, Wahlberg, and Ice Cube as Gulf War soldiers out to raid a stash of Kuwaiti gold. There’s also some shockingly graphic info, thanks to director David O. Russell, on exactly what a bullet does to a man as it pinballs around his innards. That’s gutsy filmmaking.
'THREE' AMIGOS Cube, Clooney, and Wahlberg are en-Gulfed in ''Kings''
Genre: War, Drama, Action/Adventure; Starring: George Clooney, Ice Cube, Spike Jonze, Mark Wahlberg; Director: David O. Russell; MPAA Rating: R
Posted April 11 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Office Christmas Party' directors say film is 'life-affirming,' 'really f---ed up'
- 'La La Land': Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling dazzle in dreamy exclusive image
- David Beckham, Emma Stone, and Drake freak out in David Blaine promo
- 'Mean Girls' star on sequel: 'Can we do this already?!'
- 'Supergirl': Chris Wood on whether Mon-El is 'superhero material'
- Bob Dylan finally acknowledges his Nobel Prize
- Why 'Pumpkinhead' is the perfect Halloween movie