Warning to young filmmakers: How much Hollywood clout does a ”Sundance sensation” really have? Well, consider the plight of this documentary by brothers Allen and Albert Hughes (”Menace II Society”). A series of profiles of flamboyant ”mack daddies,” it whipped up a ruckus at Sundance ‘99, only to sit around on ice for almost a year and a half.
'AMERICAN' BEAUTIES Bishop Don Magic Juan (center with two of his ladies) is a player extraordinaire
Posted April 21 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- All the stars Donald Trump slammed on Twitter during his run for president
- Matt LeBlanc on beginning 'Man With a Plan' and ending 'Episodes'
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?
- Sean Penn on the political relevance of 'Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff'
- Margot Robbie in talks to join 'Peter Rabbit' movie