Those suggestive lyrics, that boombastic Max Martin production, those coy-nymphet come-ons, those ellipses: No, it’s not ”…Baby One More Time,” but a single so close to Britney Spears’ first hit that she could sue herself for plagiarism. As a statement of purpose, the single ”Oops!… I Did It Again” — on which Spears confesses ”I’m not that innocent” after leading a boy on — may be the supreme tart-pop anthem. But as music, it’s just a faded Xerox.
EYE ON THE REPRISE Spears revisits past glory on her new single
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Britney Spears; Producer (group): Jive Records
Posted April 21 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!