Those suggestive lyrics, that boombastic Max Martin production, those coy-nymphet come-ons, those ellipses: No, it’s not ”…Baby One More Time,” but a single so close to Britney Spears’ first hit that she could sue herself for plagiarism. As a statement of purpose, the single ”Oops!… I Did It Again” — on which Spears confesses ”I’m not that innocent” after leading a boy on — may be the supreme tart-pop anthem. But as music, it’s just a faded Xerox.
EYE ON THE REPRISE Spears revisits past glory on her new single
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Britney Spears; Producer (group): Jive Records
Posted April 21 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer shatters Marvel viewing record
- See Skrillex's insane video for his remix of GTA's 'Red Lips'
- New Order releases statement about Peter Hook's lawsuit against band
- See the 'Fresh Off The Boat' cast invoke Ang Lee in Golden Globes plea
- How the directors of 'Goodnight Mommy' trained their 'hissing' scene-stealers: cockroaches
- 'Mario Kart 8' TV special coming to Disney XD
- CBS midseason dates: Here's when 'Survivor' returns