Those suggestive lyrics, that boombastic Max Martin production, those coy-nymphet come-ons, those ellipses: No, it’s not ”…Baby One More Time,” but a single so close to Britney Spears’ first hit that she could sue herself for plagiarism. As a statement of purpose, the single ”Oops!… I Did It Again” — on which Spears confesses ”I’m not that innocent” after leading a boy on — may be the supreme tart-pop anthem. But as music, it’s just a faded Xerox.
EYE ON THE REPRISE Spears revisits past glory on her new single
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Britney Spears; Producer (group): Jive Records
Posted April 21 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Beyoncé used New Orleans documentary footage 'with permission' in new 'Formation' video: rep
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'