Those suggestive lyrics, that boombastic Max Martin production, those coy-nymphet come-ons, those ellipses: No, it’s not ”…Baby One More Time,” but a single so close to Britney Spears’ first hit that she could sue herself for plagiarism. As a statement of purpose, the single ”Oops!… I Did It Again” — on which Spears confesses ”I’m not that innocent” after leading a boy on — may be the supreme tart-pop anthem. But as music, it’s just a faded Xerox.
EYE ON THE REPRISE Spears revisits past glory on her new single
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Britney Spears; Producer (group): Jive Records
Posted April 21 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Tilda Swinton talks The Ancient One in 'Doctor Strange' sneak peek video
- J.K. Rowling saw Amy Schumer's stand-up show and loved it
- Adam Scott and Craig Robinson team up for paranormal comedy 'Ghosted'
- EW PopFest: Here's everything you need to know!
- Lance Bass 'disappointed' *NSYNC never recorded final album
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt: 'Dark Knight Rises' conclusion was 'perfect ending'
- Actors Equity Association endorses Hillary Clinton