Apologies to The Sixth Sense, but the eeriest movie in recent memory is Francois Ozon’s terse thriller. An English housewife summering with her baby on a quiet French island warms up to Tatiana, the girl sullenly camped out in her yard. As the game of their interaction escalates, simple friction progresses to nearly unbearable tension. This package also includes A Summer Dress, Ozon’s breezy 15-minute short about sexual discovery. B+
Posted April 21 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Ash vs Evil Dead' exclusive clip celebrates Sam Raimi's Delta 88
- 'Man With a Plan' has a disappointing retro plot that fails to connect
- 'The Walking Dead' has found its baddest bad guy yet
- 'Titanfall 2's launch trailer lands with a big 'Bang Bang'
- Lady Gaga to perform at the 2016 American Music Awards
- 'This Is Us' star on tonight's ep: 'We meet Jack in the present day'
- Chris Martin sings with kids Apple and Moses at charity event
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop
- 'Black Mirror': All 13 Episodes, Ranked