”The English Patient”’s Ralph Fiennes does triple duty playing three different period roles in this somber saga about a Hungarian family, stretching across five generations – and three hours. The film – by István Szabó (director of the Oscar-winning ”Mephisto”) – has already won Canada’s Genie Award for Best Motion Picture, but U.S. critics who saw the movie at the Toronto Film Festival last year weren’t so impressed.
HUNGARIAN STEW Ehle and Fiennes find something to smile about in ''Sunshine''
Posted April 21 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Inferno' director Ron Howard spills on the film's spooky sensibility
- 'Orphan Black' Facebook Live reveals 20 minutes of season 5 production
- Jeff VanderMeer's 'Borne': Read an exclusive excerpt
- Watch the official trailer for 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life'
- Why 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Laverne Cox punts to Nicki Minaj in 'Lip Sync Battle' clip
- 'No Tomorrow': Jenna Dewan Tatum vies for Xavier's heart — exclusive