Exquisite musicianship and scintillating material distinguish Alma Caribeña – Caribbean Soul, Gloria Estefan’s third Spanish-language set since crossing over to pop stardom in ‘85. Though she’s maudlin on the slow numbers, there’s no problema when the beat is percolating — as on the sizzling ”No Me Dejes de Querer.” Highlight: a duet with Jose Feliciano on the mango tango ”Tengo que Decirte Algo.” A-
Alma Caribena Exquisite musicianship and scintillating material distinguish Alma Caribeña -- Caribbean Soul, Gloria Estefan's third Spanish...Alma CaribenaWorld Exquisite musicianship and scintillating material distinguish Alma Caribeña -- Caribbean Soul, Gloria Estefan's third Spanish...2000-06-02
Genre: World; Lead Performer: Gloria Estefan
Posted June 2 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!