How’d the Grim Reaper spend his Memorial Day weekend? At the movies, like everyone else! In our continuing quest to tabulate the corpses in summer flicks, M:I-2 kept us plenty busy. The Tom Cruise flick featured 30 on-screen deaths, with methods methods ranging from a deadly super-virus to plain old gunfire. Jackie Chan’s Shanghai Noon produced a modest four stiffs — though it does get points for originality: One fatality came from an oyster shell to the jugular. Add to that the total from last weekend’s Dinosaur (six reptilian corpses) and we’re up to 171…with a bullet!
Posted June 9 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'