Let’s give them the benefit of the doubt and say they didn’t model Pop Trash after U2’s Pop, but darn if Duran Duran aren’t after a very similar juxtaposition of groove-based kitsch and super-sincerity. Not surprisingly, there are ephemeral confectionary delights (”Lava Lamp”) and a general witlessness, never more than when Simon LeBon keeps crooning ”We’ll all be famous for 15 minutes” as if he just thought of the idea. C
Pop Trash Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and say they didn't model Pop Trash after U2's Pop, but darn if Duran Duran aren't...Pop TrashPop Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and say they didn't model Pop Trash after U2's Pop, but darn if Duran Duran aren't...2000-06-16
Posted June 16 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'King Cobra' trailer features porn, intrigue, Garrett Clayton
- Clinton Trump debate: How many will watch?
- Zach Galifianakis calls Donald Trump 'mentally challenged'
- Garth Brooks earns historic RIAA achievement
- How Arnold Palmer invented the Arnold Palmer drink, in his words
- WATCH: 'Stranger Things' kids share their Upside Down theories
- Joss Whedon shares which Avenger he’d pick as president