Anybody who kept a close watch on the NBA championships knows the Los Angeles Lakers’ secret weapon was Shaquille O’Neal. But it turns out the gentle giant had his own secret weapon: nail polish. He always paints his size 22 tootsies before he hits the court. Shaq’s Management Plus reps confirm the habit started after he scored 40 points in a single game with painted toenails. ”It’s not anything weird,” explains Margaret Kimura, the player’s sometime groomer and creative director for the recently launched i nuovi cosmetics. ”It’s a decoration for him and a good-luck thing.” And although Shaq usually keeps his glittery nails under wraps, he does favor i nuovi’s Go-Go gold and Eve metallic green. Why are men (Carson Daly, Backstreet Boy Kevin Richardson) taking up such distaff adornment? Says Kimura, ”Nail polish on men only enhances their personality.” And it makes their toes look purdy.
Posted June 30 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big