Fact: Meg Ryan is adorable. But as the put-upon middle sib in Delia and Nora Ephron’s Hanging Up, the tale of three sisters facing the infirmity of their curmudgeonly pop (Walter Matthau), her put-upon-ness makes her seem just as whiny and self-involved as her whiny and self-involved older (Diane Keaton) and younger (Lisa Kudrow) sisters. Neurotic flailings have their charm, but here they’re merely off putting. C+
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Diane Keaton, Lisa Kudrow, Meg Ryan, Walter Matthau; Director: Diane Keaton; Author: Delia Ephron; Release Date Wide: 02/18/2000; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted June 30 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'