”Movement” is an apt word for electronica producer-singer-musician Brian Transeau’s third album, Movement in Still Life; like Moby before he discovered gospel samples, BT wants to romp in as many musical playgrounds as he can. Here he indulges in wack industrial dance (the kinetic single ”Never Gonna Come Back Down,” with ex-Soul Coughing head M. Doughty), adroit Depeche Mode knockoffs, rap vignettes, and creamy pop-trance with female vocalists. BT may be more compiler than visionary, but compilations rarely sound this engaging. A-
Movement in Still Life ''Movement'' is an apt word for electronica producer-singer-musician Brian Transeau's third album, Movement in Still Life; like Moby...Movement in Still LifeElectronic ''Movement'' is an apt word for electronica producer-singer-musician Brian Transeau's third album, Movement in Still Life; like Moby...2000-06-30
Genre: Electronic; Lead Performer: BT
Posted June 30 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!