”Movement” is an apt word for electronica producer-singer-musician Brian Transeau’s third album, Movement in Still Life; like Moby before he discovered gospel samples, BT wants to romp in as many musical playgrounds as he can. Here he indulges in wack industrial dance (the kinetic single ”Never Gonna Come Back Down,” with ex-Soul Coughing head M. Doughty), adroit Depeche Mode knockoffs, rap vignettes, and creamy pop-trance with female vocalists. BT may be more compiler than visionary, but compilations rarely sound this engaging. A-
Movement in Still Life ''Movement'' is an apt word for electronica producer-singer-musician Brian Transeau's third album, Movement in Still Life; like Moby...Movement in Still LifeElectronic ''Movement'' is an apt word for electronica producer-singer-musician Brian Transeau's third album, Movement in Still Life; like Moby...2000-06-30
Genre: Electronic; Lead Performer: BT
Posted June 30 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge's post-show dish: Why (SPOILER) had to die
- Casting Net: Gabrielle Union heading to Jamie Foxx action film 'Sleepless Night'
- 'The View' eyeing two new cohosts?
- 'The Help' director Tate Taylor to helm 'Girl on the Train'
- Pete Davidson live tweets his 'Harry Potter' marathon, gives 'dope as f---' review
- Reese Witherspoon as Tinker Bell: Disney developing 'Peter Pan' spinoff 'Tink'
- Molest claim vs. Josh Duggar; family says...
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Taylor Schilling, Jessica Alba, Beyoncé & More!