”Movement” is an apt word for electronica producer-singer-musician Brian Transeau’s third album, Movement in Still Life; like Moby before he discovered gospel samples, BT wants to romp in as many musical playgrounds as he can. Here he indulges in wack industrial dance (the kinetic single ”Never Gonna Come Back Down,” with ex-Soul Coughing head M. Doughty), adroit Depeche Mode knockoffs, rap vignettes, and creamy pop-trance with female vocalists. BT may be more compiler than visionary, but compilations rarely sound this engaging. A-
Movement in Still Life ''Movement'' is an apt word for electronica producer-singer-musician Brian Transeau's third album, Movement in Still Life; like Moby...Movement in Still LifeElectronic ''Movement'' is an apt word for electronica producer-singer-musician Brian Transeau's third album, Movement in Still Life; like Moby...2000-06-30
Genre: Electronic; Lead Performer: BT
Posted June 30 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bryan Cranston’s 'Sneaky Pete' pilot picked up by Amazon
- Get haunted by trailer for 'The Listing'
- President Bill Clinton to appear on 'StarTalk' season 2 premiere
- Graceland sneak peek: Paige is going undercover with the Sarkissians
- Joffrey comments on violence against women on 'Game of Thrones'
- Zayn Malik signs with RCA, says he 'left' 1D to 'show you who I really am'
- Cat Power will narrate the Janis Joplin documentary 'Janis'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!