”Movement” is an apt word for electronica producer-singer-musician Brian Transeau’s third album, Movement in Still Life; like Moby before he discovered gospel samples, BT wants to romp in as many musical playgrounds as he can. Here he indulges in wack industrial dance (the kinetic single ”Never Gonna Come Back Down,” with ex-Soul Coughing head M. Doughty), adroit Depeche Mode knockoffs, rap vignettes, and creamy pop-trance with female vocalists. BT may be more compiler than visionary, but compilations rarely sound this engaging. A-
Movement in Still Life ''Movement'' is an apt word for electronica producer-singer-musician Brian Transeau's third album, Movement in Still Life; like Moby...Movement in Still LifeElectronic ''Movement'' is an apt word for electronica producer-singer-musician Brian Transeau's third album, Movement in Still Life; like Moby...2000-06-30
Genre: Electronic; Lead Performer: BT
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Person of Interest' post-mortem: Showrunners talk emotional finale and the return of Taraji P. Henson
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!