This is the summer to ”let me see that thong,” but not just in the Sisqo sense. Thong sandals, from dime-store flip-flops to high-end slides, have been creeping into the fashion spotlight for years and can be found on the tootsies of celebs and beach bums alike. Just ask the founders of the newly launched FlipFlopTrunkshow.Com, a website dedicated solely to slip-ons that logged over 125,000 hits in its first six weeks. ”There’s this interest in showing off the toes,” says cofounder Jackie Robbins. Plus, the price won’t flip you out. ”[They’re] a guiltless pleasure — you can throw them out and get another pair!”
Posted July 14 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Strong first reactions to 'Rogue One' hit after premiere
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'