Call him Mini-Mean. EW has learned that Jim Carrey’s much-anticipated Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas will feature a flashback to a grammar-school Grinch, to be played by 3-foot-2-inch, 18-year-old actor Josh Ryan Evans. ”It’s to show that he did have a heart, and it did grow two sizes too small,” says Evans, who also plays Timmy, the living doll, on NBC’s surreal soap Passions. And how did Evans do as Carrey’s diminutive doppelganger? ”The green makeup helps a lot,” says Carrey. ”But I actually had a few sessions with Josh where I gave him a little body language.” Universal is keeping Evans’ look under wraps until the film’s Nov. 17 opening. ”I asked for a photo to show my grandmother, and they were like, ‘Nope!”’ pouts Evans. ”I even had to wear a curtain over my head from makeup to set.” Who knew that studios could be so…grinchy?
Posted July 14 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- Hollywood responds to 'Last Tango in Paris' rape scene controversy
- Ezra Koenig gives John Lennon's 'Imagine' a 'Seinfeld'-themed makeover
- Morrissey cancels remaining tour dates
- 'Glee' cast reunites for Becca Tobin's wedding in sweet photos
- Emma Stone leads a very bad theatre showcase in 'SNL' sketch
- 'SNL' and Emma Stone give Christmas candles a holiday theme song
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big