Here’s something ”True”: Parodies of Budweiser’s Whaaassuuup ads are all waaashed up. The latest entry to the already existing keg-full of spoofs comes from Scary Movie: A Scream-style Grim Reaper juts out his tongue and shouts the sacred male bon mot. ”It’s like, ‘Can we move on?”’ sighs Charles Stone III, creator and star of the award-winning, high-decibel ad campaign. ”Soon people will hate it.” Soon? The Internet is already overflowing with send-ups featuring, among others, the Superfriends, the South Park boys, the animated slackers from Clerks, and Elian Gonzalez. Promos for TV Land use faux Whassuuup voices over a clip of Adam 12. Even Regis Philbin filmed a Whassuuup parody for Live With Regis and Kathie Lee. It’s gotten so bad that the webzine Modern Humorist did a parody of parodies starring, of all things, imitation Disney Dinosaurs. ”We sort of took it to the logical extreme of stupidity,” says coeditor Michael Colton. Give that man a Bud!
Posted July 21 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Drake is releasing more new music in December
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat