Fans of stripped-down country will want to hoist a cold one to newcomer Darryl Worley and Hard Rain Don’t Last, whose repertoire veers between honky-tonk with a bluegrass heart and Haggardesque meditations on disillusionment and loss. In this Nashvegas world, that makes him almost a lone warrior, tilting at windmills with banjo and pedal steel. B+
Hard Rain Don't Last Fans of stripped-down country will want to hoist a cold one to newcomer Darryl Worley and Hard Rain Don't Last, whose repertoire...Hard Rain Don't LastCountry Fans of stripped-down country will want to hoist a cold one to newcomer Darryl Worley and Hard Rain Don't Last, whose repertoire...2000-07-28
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Darryl Worley
Posted July 28 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!