Who’d have thought Lil’ Kim’s steamy new video would need as much digital retouching as The Phantom Menace? No, the rapper hasn’t gone sci-fi. Instead, Kim’s ”No Matter What They Say” — which features Mary J. Blige, Sean ”Puffy” Combs, Redman, Method Man, and Missy ”Misdemeanor” Elliott — required some serious toning down. Among the tweaks: ”nipple fixes” for when Kim wiggles out of her Versace bustiers and computer-edited T-shirts for her bump-and-grinding backup girls (they now read ”itty girls”). But the weirdest fix? ”Digital panties” for cameo dancer Carmen Electra, who showed too much of her groove thing after being asked to shed her skivvies to avoid panty lines. ”It’s not like you could really see anything,” says director Marcus Raboy. ”It’s just the freeze-frame factor you have to consider.” The Scary Movie star has no comment on her altered undies, but Raboy insists, ”She looked amazing.” Perhaps Dennis Rodman would like his own digital BVDs.
Posted July 28 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Julie Chen on 'Big Brother' showmances: 'Go for it!'
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play rock and roll innovator Sam Phillips
- 'Teen Wolf' cast added to EW PopFest lineup
- Donald Glover to play young Lando Calrissian in Han Solo movie
- Documentary sequel 'You've Been Trumped, Too' to be released next week
- 'Big Brother' contestants invade 'Bold and the Beautiful'
- ‘Justice League’ director celebrates Wonder Woman with new photo