Who’d have thought Lil’ Kim’s steamy new video would need as much digital retouching as The Phantom Menace? No, the rapper hasn’t gone sci-fi. Instead, Kim’s ”No Matter What They Say” — which features Mary J. Blige, Sean ”Puffy” Combs, Redman, Method Man, and Missy ”Misdemeanor” Elliott — required some serious toning down. Among the tweaks: ”nipple fixes” for when Kim wiggles out of her Versace bustiers and computer-edited T-shirts for her bump-and-grinding backup girls (they now read ”itty girls”). But the weirdest fix? ”Digital panties” for cameo dancer Carmen Electra, who showed too much of her groove thing after being asked to shed her skivvies to avoid panty lines. ”It’s not like you could really see anything,” says director Marcus Raboy. ”It’s just the freeze-frame factor you have to consider.” The Scary Movie star has no comment on her altered undies, but Raboy insists, ”She looked amazing.” Perhaps Dennis Rodman would like his own digital BVDs.
Posted July 28 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scandal' lures Jeff Perry's daughter Zoe for season 6 role
- 'Walking Dead': Josh McDermitt on the scary bond between Carl & Negan
- 'The Mummy' director on the big surprises in that new trailer
- Bob Dylan provides speech for Nobel Prize banquet he won't attend
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' becomes third-biggest debut of 2016
- Stone Temple Pilots remember Scott Weiland one year after his death
- What to Watch: Chance the Rapper and James Taylor help light a tree
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners