Just as sure as the tides on Pulau Tiga, CBS’ Survivor is bringing waves of spoofs to fall TV. On V.I.P., Pamela Anderson competes on the fictitious Desert Island — and is saved by her security agency. Over at UPN’s The Hughleys, home repairs force the family and its neighbors to camp out in a backyard tent so cramped they decide to vote someone out. And on CBS’ JAG, the Navy rescues a woman who appears stranded on a raft — and ends up disqualified from a Survivor-like show. ”If [Who Wants to Be a] Millionaire was still No. 1, we would have probably spoofed Millionaire,” says JAG exec producer Don Bellisario. ”I’m sick of Millionaire.” But not as sick as we are of those hokey tribal councils.
Posted August 11 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Christina Ricci is Zelda Fitzgerald in trailer for new Amazon series
- David Bowie's collaborators set tribute concert
- Best of 2016: How Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo ended their 'Batman' run
- 12 best children's books for the holidays
- 'This Is Us' star Sterling K. Brown on Toby: 'He's not in the clear'
- Fifth Harmony's 'Work from Home' is YouTube's top music video of 2016
- 'Yours Mine or Ours' host spills on great wines to give and get this holiday
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot