Pink, we hardly knew ye. The color of the moment is barely a color at all. And whether you call it nude, beige, caramel, or taupe, skin-mimicking shades are blending into clothes, shoes, and accessories sported by trendsetters everywhere: Sarah Jessica Parker wore a shimmery, buff-toned confection to the Golden Globe Awards, while country diva Faith Hill modeled a curve-skimming number at the VH1 Fashion festivities. Barely there shoes have been popping up on the well-pedicured tootsies of everyone from Salma Hayek to Angelina Jolie. Why all the flesh-colored flashing? ”It’s elongating and slimming when worn head to toe,” says Leah Feldon, author of Does This Make Me Look Fat? ”It’s also sexier because it can make you look like you’re wearing nothing.” Courtney Love couldn’t ask for anything more.
Posted August 18 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead': Sneak peek clip shows the Kingdom
- The Chainsmokers and Halsey drop steamy music video for 'Closer'
- #TrumpaNovel Trump-ifies your favorite books
- Samira Wiley throws back to the '90s in 'Lip Sync Battle' clip
- Joanna Newsom shares new song 'Make Hay'
- Why Wes Craven's 'Scream' is perfect movie to watch this Halloween
- Run the Jewels return with new single, 'Talk To Me'