www.Flipflopflyin.com/minipops is, literally, a wee website where the Simpsons, the Harlem Globetrotters, and Pikachu coexist peacefully. Click (and giggle) through teeny pixel versions of celebs, from Chewbacca to Che Guevara. Some, like Michael Jackson, Prof. Stephen Hawking, and the Beastie Boys, are even animated. London-based artist Craig Robinson launched the site a year ago with one image: the Beach Boys. ”It was a boring Sunday evening…so [using a Mac computer] I just drew the Beach Boys small for no other reason than I like [them].” Now there are more than 400 of the bitty drawings and a waiting list for additional ones. ”I get e-mail from all over the world,” says the artist. Bjork, ‘N Sync, and the Backstreet Boys are among the most popular requests, but 29-year-old Robinson claims he doesn’t know why. ”It’s really quite bewildering how things have taken off,” he laughs. ”I guess it’s kind of addictive.” And a strain on the eyes as well.
Posted August 18 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories