The movie may be mind bogglingly sophomoric, but it IS attitude packed. Which can’t be said for this soundtrack. Pairing bargain bin hits like EMF’s ”Unbelievable” and Snap’s ”The Power” demonstrates a shrewd K-tel-esque sensibility – but sandwiching them between Don Henley’s ”All She Wants to Do Is Dance” and INXS’ vampy ”Need You Tonight”? Further schizophrenia is evident on four new LeAnn Rimes songs in which the teen’s inner Christina, Celine, and Shania battle for dominance. The Coyote Ugly soundtrack sounds like a jukebox programmed by brain dead boozers.
Coyote UglyThe movie may be mind bogglingly sophomoric, but it IS attitude packed. Which can't be said for this soundtrack. Pairing bargain bin hits like EMF's '...Coyote UglySoundtracksThe movie may be mind bogglingly sophomoric, but it IS attitude packed. Which can't be said for this soundtrack. Pairing bargain bin hits like EMF's '...2000-09-04
THE BAD AND THE 'UGLY' Rimes steps up to the bar
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Curb
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:49 AM EST
- Music we loved this week: James Bay, Earl Sweatshirt, Jamie xx
- Patrick Stewart is a coke-fueled cable news host in 'Blunt Talk' teaser
- Jake Gyllenhaal plays a down-on-his-luck boxer in 'Southpaw' trailer
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' breakout Tituss Burgess on his alter ego (and 'Pinot Noir')
- Robert Kirkman reveals 'Walking Dead' companion series will be called...
- 9 plotlines you didn't realize started in the 'Grey's Anatomy' pilot
- Chill your way into the weekend with DADRAS's 'RUBAIYAT I' EP -- exclusive
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!