Looking for the inside poop on Donald, Ivana, Marla, and little Ivanka? You won’t find it in the meticulous, business-oriented biography of three generations of enterprising family members, The Trumps. Starting with grandpa Friedrich, a German barber who sold roadkill and booze in the Klondike gold rush before investing in real estate, the book jumps to his son Fred, who used New Deal housing subsidies to become ”the Henry Ford of the home-building industry” in Brooklyn and Queens, and culminates with the ruthless exploits of ”the Donald,” who turned the Trump name into a virtual commodity. But beyond the familiar tabloid fare, Gwenda Blair (Almost Golden: Jessica Savitch & the Selling of Television News) fails to crack the flashiest Trump’s glitzy facade. The biggest surprise? That driven Donald is far less interesting than his forebears. B-
The Trumps Looking for the inside poop on Donald, Ivana, Marla, and little Ivanka? You won't find it in the meticulous, business-oriented biography of three...The TrumpsBiography Looking for the inside poop on Donald, Ivana, Marla, and little Ivanka? You won't find it in the meticulous, business-oriented biography of three...2000-09-08
Posted September 8 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Moana': Watch the gorgeous video for 'We Know the Way'
- Al Gore, Donald Trump, and Ivanka Trump meet to talk climate change
- Tim Roth reveals his grandfather sexually abused him, his father
- 'Biggest Loser' winner on regaining weight: 'I feel ashamed'
- Beyoncé, Taylor Swift dominated Tumblr in 2016
- 'RHOBH': See how Erika Girardi got that 'Y&R' role
- 'Westworld' finale: Anthony Hopkins on Dr. Ford's fate
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday