They’re not your mother’s fashion lines anymore. Matronly brands like Lane Bryant, Naturalizer, and Easy Spirit are revamping their images with trendier fashions and eye-catching ads. Lane Bryant (a subsidiary of The Limited, Inc., as is New York & Co.) offers updated looks this fall, modeled by Queen Latifah and Anna Nicole Smith, while the podiatrist-friendly Naturalizer hired fashion photog Bruce Weber to shoot shoes that Grandma wouldn’t be caught dead in. Literally. ”Our traditional customers are dying off,” says Maggie Laver of Naturalizer’s parent, Brown Shoe. ”We need to ditch the old-lady stuff [to appeal to] a younger audience.”
Posted September 8 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Matt LeBlanc on beginning 'Man With a Plan' and ending 'Episodes'
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?
- Sean Penn on the political relevance of 'Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff'
- Margot Robbie in talks to join 'Peter Rabbit' movie
- Why 'The Conjuring' is the perfect Halloween movie