There’s a new girl in town … Well, sort of. Dan Finnerty, 30, is the self-proclaimed straight guy who sings songs by women (like Linda Lavin’s theme to TV’s Alice), and his Dan Band is one of the hottest tickets in Hollywood. ”It started off as a joke,” he admits about the cover-song fest. ”I thought singing ‘I Am Woman’ at karaoke was funny, then it just kept growing.” In addition to rocking as the house musicians on Oxygen’s Pajama Party, the Dan Band send up such ditties as Christina Aguilera’s ”Genie in a Bottle” and Wilson Phillips’ ”Hold On” at West Hollywood’s Largo nightclub — where Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston, and Helen Hunt have all turned up to watch. ”I’m obsessed with the Dan Band,” says fan Laura Dern. ”In fact, I’m stalking them. It’s the best thing I’ve ever seen in my life, and I’ll go to every show they ever have.” Finnerty goes wide with a cover of ”A Groovy Kind of Love” on the soundtrack of Jennifer Lopez’s The Wedding Planner, in which he also has a cameo. How does the crooner — who’s married to Kathy Najimy — like his star-studded audiences? ”Gloria Steinem came to a show and walked in during ‘Gloria,”’ he beams. ”You can’t pray for that kind of s—!”
Posted September 15 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'AHS' star shines in exclusive 'My All-American' trailer
- Spoilers: Alex Kingston returns to 'Doctor Who'
- Jeff Probst debates the use of challenge advantages on 'Survivor'
- 'DWTS': And the fall 2015 celebrities are ...
- Joanna Newsom reveals new record is 'different from anything I did in the past
- Kevin Gates charged with battery after kicking female fan
- Deadmau5 says 'We Are Your Friends' flop restored his faith in music
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!