Fashionistas strapped on their Jimmy Choos and tromped to Las Vegas last month to take a gamble on next season’s hottest trends at MAGIC, the semiannual fashion trade show. After a whirlwind of air kissing, gallons of Dutch-chocolate martinis, and plenty of Vince Vaughn sightings (he was a guest of Hugo Boss), the Scout presents MAGIC secrets:
1. SKINNY BELTS (especially Dolce & Gabbana’s logo-ed gold chain link). What next, skinny ties?
2. PERFORATED LEATHER AND SUEDE from labels like BCBG Max Azria.
3. PUCCI PRINTS on everything from shirtwaist dresses to jacket linings.
4. TROPICAL PRINTS, no doubt inspired by — get this! — the Survivor phenom.
5. EIGHTIES PRODUCTS Rainbow Brite, Atari, and He-Man are masters of the tee universe.
6. GEEK-CHIC SHOES Whoever designed Kenneth Cole’s spring footwear definitely has a dork’s fondness for golf and soccer.
7. BOWLING BAGS (Rampage is already knocking off Prada’s must-have version.)
8. TINTED DENIM in maroon, olive, and sky blue. Hard denim is so late 20th century.
9. MATCHING SHIRTS AND JACKET LININGS from urban fashion house Pelle Pelle.
10. JORDACHE/SERGIO VALENTE return, just in time for The Facts of Life’s Nickelodeon debut.