Hey, Will Hunting was a genius who worked as a janitor. So if the next Quentin Tarantino is stuffing tacos somewhere, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck want to know: The Oscar-winning screenwriters are on the prowl for a hot script from someone outside the Hollywood network, and they’ve set up a contest at www.projectgreenlight.com to track it down. The winner will get a $1 million budget to direct the magnum opus for Miramax; Damon and Affleck will exec-produce. Of course, we want to watch, so HBO will make a voyeuristic series about the process. Sound a tad Big Brother? ”We were going ‘C’mon, trust us, it’s going to be good,”’ says Affleck, who sensed skepticism before ”voted off the island” became part of the national lexicon. ”But once Survivor came out it would have been, ‘We love it. It’s great. Whatever you need.”’
Posted October 6 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw joins Ava DuVernay’s 'A Wrinkle In Time'
- First 'Nashville' season 5 promo confirms Hayden Panettiere's return
- Neon Trees frontman Tyler Glenn to perform at EW PopFest
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Watch Jasmine and Aladdin meet
- Megyn Kelly grills Donna Brazile about alleged leaked email
- 'Top Chef' cooks up fresh drama in season 14 trailer
- WATCH: Michael J. Fox, Lea Thompson on the DeLorean from 'Back to the Future'