Getting a coveted spot in the fictional American Ballet Academy is what keeps Jody (Schull, bad feet, but a looker) and Eva (Zoö Saldana, great technique, but trés impossible) on their toes. Though the plot is predictable and the ending contrived in Center Stage, the problems that plague many dancers – bleeding feet, bulimia, low self esteem – provide a compelling look behind the perfect pirouette.
FRONT AND 'CENTER' The ''Fame'' wannabes converge
Genre: Drama, Musical, Romance; Starring: Peter Gallagher, Victor Anthony, Eion Bailey, Amanda Schull, Ethan Stiefel; Director: Nicholas Hytner; Author: Carol Heikkinen; Producer (group): Columbia Pictures; Runtime (in minutes): 114; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted October 24 2000 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'