In an industry known more for chain-smoking than charity, it’s nice to see fashion designers lending their style and expertise to worthy causes. Ralph Lauren designed the ”Pink Pony” tee for a campaign, supported by Penelope Cruz, to raise money for cancer screening and treatment in low-income communities. Helmut Lang created a shirt for New York-based charity Art for Animals (fans include Bebe Neuwirth and Rupert Everett). And since ‘94, the Council of Fashion Designers of America has sold more than 400,000 T-shirts with the bull’s-eye logo (modeled by the likes of Christy Turlington and designed by Lauren and Donna Karan), raising over $12 million for Fashion Targets Breast Cancer. ”I’m very fortunate — my family and I have access to the best doctors and hospitals,” says Lauren. ”But people in poor communities lack options for quality cancer care. Pink Pony will address this disparity.”
Posted November 3 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- What to Watch Wednesday: 'Rectify' enters its final season
- Carpool Karaoke: Lady Gaga sings, James Corden wears meat dress
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop