On TP-2.com, an album of get busy ballads, ”forgive me girl” pleas, and tender elegies for dead homies, R. Kelly croons with an open hearted, gospel schooled grace that compensates for his often half baked lyrics. The set’s showpiece is ”A Woman’s Threat,” which he sings from the perspective of a God-fearing sistah serving notice to a neglectful love. A gutsy, gender bending move that redefines what it means to be a ”ladies’ man.” B+
TP-2.comOn TP-2.com, an album of get busy ballads, ''forgive me girl'' pleas, and tender elegies for dead homies, R. Kelly croons with an open...TP-2.comR&BOn TP-2.com, an album of get busy ballads, ''forgive me girl'' pleas, and tender elegies for dead homies, R. Kelly croons with an open...2000-11-10
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: R. Kelly; Producer (group): Jive Records
Posted November 10 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Craft' remake is actually a sequel, producer says
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani will perform new duet on 'The Voice'
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses reveal who those new guys AREN'T
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast