It’s a germo-phobic fashionista’s dream. Prada’s new skin-care line features single-use-size vials, packets, and tubes, each hermetically sealed (with argon gas, no less) in its own pouch. The Italian fashion house, famous for sleek minimalist fashion and $600 backpacks, launches the high-concept line this month. Items like lip balm and toner go for around $60 for a 30-day supply. But why the sample-size packaging? ”Cellular phones are lighter and easier to carry than most personal-care products,” argues a Prada spokesperson. Adds Deborah Walters of Saks Fifth Avenue, which will carry the line, ”It’s extremely suited for travel.” Now jet-setting socialites can cram more makeup into those pricey Prada backpacks.
Posted November 17 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony