It looks like the cat’s out of the bag — and headed for the big screen: Tim Allen is officially on board to star in an eerie film version of Dr. Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat. Though Ron Howard says he most likely will not direct, it was he and Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas producer Brian Grazer who secured Cat rights after five months of negotiations with Seuss’ widow, Audrey Geisel. The script will be based on a story conceived by Allen, who admits that as a child he was spooked by Seuss’s mischievous feline babysitter. ”My dream is to give it the edge that scared me,” says the actor of his darker tale. ”Like Alien, we’ll see very little of the cat. He’s a human being who turns into the cat — like a werewolf or vampire — as he gets more and more frustrated trying to deal with these children.” Giving Oh, the Places You’ll Go! a whole new meaning.
Posted November 24 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50