Once worn almost exclusively by ladies of questionable reputation (like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman), fishnets are being reeled in by fashion houses. After countless seasons of bare legs, Gucci, Prada, Tommy Hilfiger, and Kenneth Cole had models wear fishnets during recent collections. Since then, there’s been a run on the legwear at Club Monaco’s New York City stores. Fishy fans include James King, Shirley Manson, and Kelis, as well as Cameron Diaz, Kelly Preston, and Courtney Love, who all wore the hose to the Charlie’s Angels L.A. premiere. Stylists love the look on great gams — Sarah Jessica Parker sported them on Sex and the City and Calista Flockhart on Ally McBeal — but fashionistas say most women can pull them off, er, on. ”They’re perfect with a denim skirt or jeans and stilettos,” says Club Monaco’s Andrea Werner. ”Fishnets look great on anyone with a sense of style.” Just remember: It’s easy to get hooked.
Posted December 1 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- Powerful new ad spotlights gun violence warning signs people miss
- Mark Wahlberg feels 'celebrities did, do, and shouldn't' talk about politics
- Jennifer Lawrence blames her butt for almost killing 'Hunger Games’ crew
- Kanye West: 'Things are going better,' says Ryan Seacrest
- Patton Oswalt opens up about being a single father after wife's death
- Matthew Broderick debuts his very own Donald Trump impression
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen make for ultimate Charades team
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big