Once worn almost exclusively by ladies of questionable reputation (like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman), fishnets are being reeled in by fashion houses. After countless seasons of bare legs, Gucci, Prada, Tommy Hilfiger, and Kenneth Cole had models wear fishnets during recent collections. Since then, there’s been a run on the legwear at Club Monaco’s New York City stores. Fishy fans include James King, Shirley Manson, and Kelis, as well as Cameron Diaz, Kelly Preston, and Courtney Love, who all wore the hose to the Charlie’s Angels L.A. premiere. Stylists love the look on great gams — Sarah Jessica Parker sported them on Sex and the City and Calista Flockhart on Ally McBeal — but fashionistas say most women can pull them off, er, on. ”They’re perfect with a denim skirt or jeans and stilettos,” says Club Monaco’s Andrea Werner. ”Fishnets look great on anyone with a sense of style.” Just remember: It’s easy to get hooked.
Posted December 1 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Big Brother' contestants invade 'Bold and the Beautiful'
- ‘Justice League’ director celebrates Wonder Woman with new photo
- Bill Murray crashes White House press briefing to talk Cubs baseball
- 'Secrets and Lies' sneak peek: Eric and Cornell meet again
- ‘Captain Marvel’ will be ‘strongest character we’ve ever had': Marvel
- Lynda Carter, Gal Gadot reflect on 75 years of Wonder Woman
- Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn parody Beyoncé's 'Formation'