Forget Propecia. Celebs are embracing the cue-ball look. Longtime baldy Michael Stipe, supermodel Alek Wek, Moby, and Billy Corgan have been joined by a brave new band of shiny heads. There’s Mel Gibson, who recently shaved his pate; Cate Blanchett who goes hair-free in the upcoming film Heaven; Jared Leto, who got razored after completing Requiem for a Dream; and the young genetic projects on Dark Angel (not to mention cover guys Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson). ”This trend started in Tokyo and London,” says Yoshio of NYC’s Oscar Blandi Salon. ”It’s kind of spiritual, and when you have a good sense of style and a shaved head it looks great.” Something Mr. Clean has long known.
Posted December 1 2000 — 12:00 AM EST
- Pioneering stand-up comedian Adrianne Tolsch dies at 78
- Jennifer Hudson's 'Hairspray Live!' performance had celebs cheering
- Relive 'Hairspray Live!' with all the best GIFs
- Jennifer Lopez teases 'Bye Bye Birdie,' NBC's next live musical
- Kristin Davis thinks the 'Sex and the City' story is 'not finished'
- The Weeknd will perform on 'The Voice' season finale
- 'Jeopardy!' contestant dies from cancer week before her episode airs
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot